Thursday, April 12, 2012

nice matching hat, difi...

The very first real job I ever had was working backstage at Beach Blanket Babylon as the costume mistress. I never really had the traditional college experience. I went to fashion design school in Philadelphia and lived by myself. There were no football games. So suddenly, at 22, I showed up at Beach Blanket and I was surrounded by gay men and dramatic people and a cast of characters who spent all of their time together because we worked such weird hours. Most of it was wonderful, some of it was horrible. But working at Beach Blanket had a huge impact on what I'm like now.
So blame them.
Anyway, my old BBB chum Tom Schween asked me to come back and film a 5-part series on Beach Blanket's legendary moments. I'm co-hosting along with a BBB legend himself, Stage Manager John Camajani who has been there for 33 years, was my very first boss, and probably 3rd or 4th therapist. Part One is up! And Parts Two thru Five will be up weekly.
And now, John tells us about the time the Queen of England came to the show...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"With her teeth?!" Heh. This was fun. u.t.